The MGHA Mission
The Mississippi Gaming and Hospitality Association (MGHA)* is a non-profit organization made up of casino operators and vendors whose mission is to protect and enhance the reputation and success of the gaming industry within the State of Mississippi. We seek to accomplish our mission by:
- Cooperating with government officials in advancing the gaming industry’s common goals and objectives;
- Promoting comprehensive and fair regulation of the gaming industry to insure integrity at all levels of operation;
- Advocating fair and reasonable taxation of the industry, which will permit operators to maximize employment opportunities and re-invest, expand and improve existing facilities
- Promoting and participating in public education throughout Mississippi regarding the benefits of casino gaming, including job creation, economic development and how the industry can help the State in maximizing its tax revenues; and
- Supporting and enhancing responsible gaming programs and offering education and assistance to individuals with gambling problems
The MGHA was chartered in 1993 and works in cooperation with the American Gaming Association headquartered in Washington, D.C.